Notes on Blindness - Into Darkness - VR
Notes on Blindness – Into Darkness is a multi-platform interactive project created alongside the feature length documentary Notes on Blindness.
These original diary recordings form the basis of this project, a six-part interactive documentary using new forms of storytelling, gameplay mechanics and virtual reality to explore his cognitive and emotional experience of blindness.
Each scene will address a memory, a moment and a specific location from John’s audio diary, using binaural audio and real time 3D animations to create a fully immersive experience.
Made with Unity, the project will be released on Samsung Gear, Cardboard and Oculus later in 2016. A 360° version will be available on all iOS and Android devices.
Voice of John Hull: himself
- Creative Directors: Arnaud Colinart, Amaury La Burthe, Peter Middleton, James Spinney
- Art Directors: Béatrice Lartigue, Thomas Togman, Arnaud Desjardin
- Lead Creative Coders: Thomas Couchard, Florent Dumas, Robin Picou
- Producers: Arnaud Colinart, David Coujard, Mike Brett
- Executive Producer: Amaury La Burthe
Notes on Blindness: Into Darkness is a VR and interactive experience produced by Ex Nihilo, ARTE France, and the French start-up AudioGaming, in co-production with Archer’s Mark. It has been supported by the TFI New Media Fund and Ford Foundation – JustFilms, Centre National du Cinéma et de l’Image Animée (CNC) and Région Midi-Pyrénées.